Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Watercolors... making coloring easy

When I first started stamping, I colored everything in and I LOVED it!  I used markers, chalks and colored pencils.  Then came solid stamps and at first I wasn't quite sure what to do with them. It was difficult to get a nice image from a solid stamp.  Then I learned the twist twist tap tap tap move... no... that's not a new dance stamp.... twist the stamp to load it with ink and then tap the stamp on the pad two to three times to take the swirls out.  And I learned to love solid stamps:)

Now, lined stamps are back in style... and I still like the quick time stamping method.  So what's a girl to do? Well, I have been playing with the new Pair-a-Phrase stamp set which has stamps and images for year round creating and they are lined stamps.  So I pulled out my watercolor pencils and Voila!  coloring quick and I am loving my lined images again.

Products used:
Lined stamp images (Pair-a-Phrase September National Stamping Campaign)
Archival black ink (44751 $5.95 dries permanently and allows the colors to flow... not the ink)
Watercolor Pencils (3505 $22.95)
Waterbrush (1771 $9.25) or Blending pen (3174 $3.95)

Here's an example... Use the Archival black ink to stamp the images and using the lighter color first, add some color and the best part is, it doesn't have to be neat... I do recommend staying inside the lines though.

***This card was stamp-lifted from Jean Johnson.


here I quickly added pink

Then added the purple to the pink

use the waterbrush to spread and blend colors

Here's the final project.... quick and easy coloring.... try it... you'll like it.







No comments:

Post a Comment