Friday, January 23, 2015

Sympathy Cards

Do you have a stash of cards that you can just pull a card and send it?  The other day, my husband asked for a sympathy card and I didn't have one that I really liked... but I did have a design that I really liked... so instead of just making one card, I made 12.  


It feels good to have a stash of these on hand, and I hope I don't need them all!!

Here's the recipe for the card
1.5x4.25 Whisper cardstock with D1544 Distressed backgrounds with Slate ink (using the burlap stamp set).

.25x4.25 twilight cardstock (this is just the color I used, but many colors would work, smokey plum comes to mind right away)

.75x4.25 slate cardstock

then add about 3.25 inch of washi tape ... note there is a space between the washi tape and the slate cardstock.

Cut ovals using Art Philosophy (oval 3) the white one is 2 inches and the twilight is 2.25 inches.  The tree is from C1559 Always Grateful and the oval is sponged with slate ink.  The tree can be popped with dimensional tape as well. 

Next time you need a card for something... do yourself a favor and make a couple of extras!!

D~

No comments:

Post a Comment